This collection from Pope Francis represents his major writings from 2013 to 2016. Since his election, he has become the most influential religious leader in the world, drawing praise and admiration from all faiths. Volume 1 includes:
- Lumen Fidei, June 29, 2013: The Light of Faith is an encyclical on the centrality of faith, the relationship between reason and faith, the Church's role in the transmission of faith, and how faith results in redeeming the world.
- Evangelii Gaudium, Nov. 24, 2013: The apostolic exhortation The Joy of the Gospel has been called Pope Francis's manifesto. It challenges all Christians to approach evangelization anew and overcome complacency in order to fulfill Christ's great mission.
- Misericordiae Vultus, April 11, 2015: In The Face of Mercy, the papal bull for the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy in 2015, the pope urges Catholics, "We need constantly to contemplate the mystery of mercy."
- Laudato Si', May 24, 2015: Praise Be to You: On Care for Our Common Home is the landmark encyclical in which Pope Francis issued a call to the entire Church--and the world--on climate change, human responsibility, the role of faith in how we live among God's entire creation, and the future of the planet.
- Amoris laetitia, March 19, 2016: Love in the Family is an exhortation published after the Synods on the Family. In it, Pope Francis ranges in his quotations and examples from St. Thomas Aquinas and Martin Luther King Jr. to the film Babette's Feast.
Pope Francis Book Details
- The Complete Encyclicals, Bulls, and Apostolic Exhortations
- Volume I
- Author: Pope Francis
- Binding: Paperback
- 512 Pages
- ISBN: 9781594717390
- 6” x 1-1/2” 9”