Sr. Theresa Aletheia Noble, FSP is a religious sister at the forefront of the movement to revive this practice in the Church. She has written several resources to help people to incorporate memento mori into their daily lives. Her Memento Mori: A Lenten Devotional and the Memento Mori Journal have touched thousands of lives. Now she has compiled and written a beautiful prayer book to help people to meditate on death and the afterlife, traditionally called "the Last Things," in order to prepare for heaven.
Meditation on the Last Things--death, judgment, hell, and heaven--is not a dark and depressing practice. Rather, the practice is hopeful and lifechanging. It helps people to take stock of their lives, grow closer to God, and to live with renewed purpose and fervor. May this practice open your heart to the work God wants to do in you and through you before your last day on earth, whenever that day might be. May God find us prepared!
- Prayer book written and compiled by a trusted religious sister
- Elegant leatherette binding with silver edging and a black ribbon
- Includes section Death: Prayers to Live and Die Well with prayers to Jesus, the Way of the Cross, prayers to live each day well, prayers for a good death, prayers for the dying, Marian prayers for assistance in life and death
- Includes the section Judgment: Prayers to Prepare to Meet Jesus with penitential prayers, guide to the sacrament of penance and reconciliation, the Memento Mori Daily Examen, prayers for the dead
- Includes the section Hell: Prayers to Combat the Powers of Darkness with formula for renewal of baptismal promises, Eucharistic prayers, the Rosary, spiritual warfare prayers
- Includes the section Heaven: Prayers for Union with God with prayers of longing for heaven, prayers of praise to God, Marian prayers
- Includes a selection of prayers in both Latin and English
- Contains an explanation of indulgences
Memento Mori Details:
- 384 pages
- Imitation Leather
- Silver Edged Pages
- Black Ribbon
- 4.7 x 0.7 x 6.4 inches