When it comes to anxiety, depression, and any sort of other mental illness, St. Dymphna’s got you covered. This Irish princess dedicated her life to serving the Lord particularly amongst the poor and sick. Young Dymphna fled to Belgium to escape her father who had become mentally ill after the death of her mother.
Shortly after, Dymphna was martyred after being discovered and beheaded by her father. A church was built in her honor and quickly became a popular pilgrimage site for people seeking healing for their loved ones with mental afflictions.
The church was later expanded to accommodate the many pilgrims, but when the church still overflowed, the townspeople accepted them into their homes and families. For over 700 years, the tradition of caring for the mentally ill has continued to this day in Geel, Belgium with families welcoming strangers into their lives and homes for decades at a time.
The green ribbon is a symbol for mental health awareness. St. Dymphna, pray for us!
- The Largest Catholic Sock Company… probably.
- Tens of thousands of people are already wearing our socks.
- These socks are sure to be a conversation starter and evangelization opportunity.
- Our socks make great Catholic gifts for all occasions: First Communion, Confirmation, Ordination, Wedding, Christmas Presents, Easter Baskets, Graduation.
- Proudly made in the USA by our team in Indianapolis, IN.
- Each sock’s essential stitches represent the Holy Family: Tan around the inside of the cuff, representing St. Joseph as head and protector of the Holy Family. Blue (outside) and white (inside) representing Mary and Jesus stitched across the toe of every sock.
Sock Product Details:
- St Dymphna
- One Pair
- US Men's Shoe Sizes: 5-11
- US Women's Shoe Sizes: 7-12
- Fabric Content: 75% Cotton, 23% Nylon, 2% Spandex