Breaking open Scripture to reveal the historical, cultural, and biblical context in which Old Testament women lived, Sarah Christmyer breathes new life into their stories, making their lives touchingly relatable. In the process, she shares stories from her own faith journey, and the lives of family and friends, to show how the same principles that turned ordinary women into heroines of the faith are true for our lives today.
Each chapter of Becoming Women of the Word highlights the spiritual legacy of one or more women in the Old Testament. Their world was vastly different from ours, yet they faced the same questions we do: when we can’t feel God’s presence, where do we find help? When our world is collapsing, where is God? Why should we trust him? How can we trust him? Christmyer simply and clearly draws from the lives of these women important principles that help us to trust—even as we struggle with doubt. For example:
- Through Eve, we learn to hold on to God’s promise even when we fail.
- Sarah reminds us to wait on God’s timing to make us fruitful.
- Miriam, the sister of Moses, shows how to lead by example.
- Ruth and Esther challenge us to see womanhood as a gift.
- Hannah and Judith inspire us to trust God even in matters of life and death.
Becoming Women of the Word Book Details:
- How to Answer God’s Call with Purpose and Joy – Spiritual Pilgrimage Through the Old Testament
- Author: Sarah Christmyer
- Binding: Paperback
- 160 Pages
- ISBN: 9781594718779
- 5-1/2" x 1/2" x 8-1/2”