If you are Catholic and you buy only two books during your life-time, the first should be a Bible and the second should be The Catechism of the Catholic Church. If you are new to the faith and want your every question answered in clear, concise language, this is the book for you. If you are leading an RCIA group, order a copy of this book for each of your catechumens.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church is the best authoritative reference for the Catholic faith, but don't let the 764 pages intimidate you. A superb system for looking up topics to organize study and answer questions is incorporated into its design. If you do want to just start on page one and read, go right ahead; the "Fidei Depositum", by Pope St. John Paul II, is engaging and provides valuable information on the structure of the book, as does the prologue.
The Catechism is divided into four parts:
- The Profession of Faith - The revelation of the The Truth and man's response.
- The Celebration of the Christian Mystery - Salvation through the Liturgy and Sacraments.
- Life in Christ - Living through right conduct, freely chosen.
- Christian Prayer - The meaning and importance of prayer in the life of believers.
"A special gift"
Pope John Paul II
Catechism of the Catholic Church Book Details:
- English Translation, United States Catholic Conference, Inc
- 826 Pages
- ISBN: 9780385479677
- 4-1/8" x 6-7/8" x 1-3/8"