Short palm strips are our smallest palm for Palm Sunday. Thoughtful churches will consider offering an assortment of Long Palm Strips and Short Palm Strips as mindful parents will be grateful when they can hand their children a shorter, palm that is less likely to be used disrespectfully! The Short Palm Strips are our most economical choice for Palm. These are not a lesser Palm, merely a shorter selection of strips good for use in crowded churches. Please note there is a range of sizes for this product. As with all natural products there is some variation in the Short Palm Strips. The assortments of lengths helps to remind us of the small variations inherent in God’s Creation. Short Palm Strips - 100 / bag: Average size 13" - 20" green palm fronds stripped from Fan Leaf. Ready to hand out. 100 strips will serve 100 people. Palm "Strips" packaged 100 strips/bag - as low as $16.95 - Bulk Pricing is available!
How to Care for Short Palm Strips
- To keep the palm strips fresh, do NOT open the plastic bags until you are ready to hand the palms out to the congregation.
- Keep sealed bags of palms in a cool area until ready for use on Palm Sunday.
- The best temperature to store palm is at 40° F to 50° F but make sure you DO NOT FREEZE!
- People who are not refrigerating their palms should open each box and take three or four UNOPENED plastic bags of palms out of the box. When the palms are enclosed in plastic and packed in a box, heat may begin to build up in the box between the plastic bags. Any perishable plant material will begin to break-down if there is heat present.
- By taking several bags out of each box, you allow the air to circulate more freely around the plastic bags left in the box which keeps the palms cooler and fresher.
- Brownish tips on the leaves are a natural characteristic since drying begins even before the leaf matures.