Fan Palm are the best for Palm Sunday displays in the sanctuary. Because these Fan Palm have so many leaves, not as many of them are as necessary to make larger displays for larger sanctuaries. An assortment of Fan Palm can be combined with Long Palm Strips to make a joyous display for your congregation’s worship space. These Fan Palm can be quite large, so make sure the area you intend to make your display has space for these big, beautiful reminders of Christ’s entrance into Jerusalem. Each bag of Altar Decoration Palm includes four (4) un-stripped palm leaves (as pictured above) Average size 24" - 36" inches long.
How to Care for Fan Palm for Palm Sunday Altar Décor
- Altar Decorations are just like fresh flowers – keep refrigerated until ready to arrange. DO NOT OPEN THE PLASTIC BAGS UNTIL READY TO USE. Three (3) hours prior to arranging the decorations, cut the stems of the Altar Décor at a 45 degree diagonal just above the bottom end of the stem and place in ICE WATER to make the leaves open and achieve their maximum beauty.
- To help the Altar Décor leaves stay beautiful after arranging, keep the stems in water to maintain their green and fresh appearance
- The best temperature to store palm is at 40° F to 50° F but make sure you DO NOT FREEZE!
- People who are not refrigerating their palms should open each box and take three or four UNOPENED plastic bags of palms out of the box. When the palms are enclosed in plastic and packed in a box, heat may begin to build up in the box between the plastic bags. Any perishable plant material will begin to break-down if there is heat present.
- By taking several bags out of each box, you allow the air to circulate more freely around the plastic bags left in the box which keeps the palms cooler and fresher.
- Brownish tips on the leaves are a natural characteristic since drying begins even before the leaf matures.